Did you know there are private, charitable and government-funded program grants available to assist you? There are also a number of programs that guarantee your loan or offer a large discount for working in certain career fields.
All have eligibility guidelines and may only be available through certain lenders, so carefully review each prior to application.
- USDA Rural Development – offers a Guaranteed Loan Program and Direct Loan Program for purchase of owner occupied property and a Multifamily Housing Direct Loans for financing rental housing.
- VA Home Loan Program – provides home loan guarantee to honorably discharged Veterans, Servicemembers and surviving spouses to purchase or build a home.
- HUD Good Neighbor Next Door Program – offers law enforcement officers, teachers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians homes in certain communities for 50% of list price.
- FHLBank Atlanta – grant programs available for active duty soldiers and veterans.
- Military Housing Assistance Fund – provides grants to assist active duty soldiers with purchasing a home.
LOUISIANA SPECIFIC PROGRAMS
- LHC Preferred Conventional Program – allows higher loan to value compared to FHA; higher income limits; and no up-front mortgage insurance premium.
- Market Rate GNMA – offers 30-year, fixed-rate FHA, VA or USDA Rural Development mortgages at favorable income rates increasing the opportunity for Louisiana citizens to purchase a home.
TEXAS SPECIFIC PROGRAMS
- Homes for Texas Heroes / Home Sweet Texas Home – available for teachers, fire fighters, police and correctional officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate Program – available to teachers, fire fighters, peace officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers.
- Taxable Mortgage Program – offers more competitive fixed interest and annual percentage rates while providing down payment and closing cost assistance of up to 5 percent of the mortgage loan.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Contact me for a no-pressure showing of any property in Central Louisiana.